Unfortunately we’re losing a team member! We would love to hear from you if you think you’d be a good fit. Please read the job description and send an email with your resume to email@example.com
COMPANY: Stageworks Theatre
JOB TITLE: Development and Community Engagement Manager
REPORTS TO: Producing Artistic Director (PAD)
LOCATION: Tampa, FL 33602
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
STATUS: Salary, Exempt
HOURS: 40 hours per week
COMPENSATION: $38,000 – $42,000 annually
The Development and Community Engagement Manager is responsible for the fundraising (development), and Community Engagement strategies of Stageworks Theatre. This position organizes fundraising strategies, oversees all donor activities, plans marketing and community involvement strategies with the PAD to serve as the foundation for fundraising and partnerships for the season and is responsible for developing and reaching the goals of the development budget. This position has a direct relationship with Board Members and Community Volunteers. Reports to the PAD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but may not be limited to the following):
- Plan and manage all fundraising budgets, campaigns, development volunteers and donor activities for the Annual Campaign.
- Develop and implement a well-coordinated annual campaign to include individual, business and foundation giving.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and steward relations with existing and prospective donors.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level
- Create sponsorship programs for each play in the season and build sponsorship support.
- Make productive connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles in the community to expand the circle of donors and ticket buyers.
- Lead the team (including the PAD and the Audience Services Manager)) to find Community Partners, Groups and Talk Back Hosts for each show.
- Work with the PAD to design fundraising materials and send out all mail and email fundraising requests for sponsorships and campaigns.
- Develop relationships with volunteers for their help in raising awareness, working on events, participating on community engagement committees and soliciting resources for the organization.
- Lead the planning and execution of fundraising educational and solicitation events as planned to meet the development budget.
- Work with the PAD and Leadership Board Members to develop major gifts, capital improvement campaigns and a Legacy Giving program.
- Oversee the development, management, and implementation of a donor recognition program including the timely acknowledgement and follow-up for all donors and prospects, a more effective Website presence for fundraising, and a Donor Communications Program including a digital newsletter.
- Develop a team of paid consultants (as needed) and volunteers to plan and execute the Annual Gala.
- Monitor and report revenues and expenses associated with fundraising strategies.
- Manage and develop relationships with vendors, consultants, staff, and interns as they can assist in meeting fundraising goals.
- Conduct research and analysis for donor prospects.
- Assure accurate and complete records of all communications with donors
- Work with PAD to insure internal and external reporting obligations with respect to fundraising.
- Develop a consistent communications plan with the PAD and Audience Services Manager to receive donor information from the Patron Manager Data Base System in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Design and deliver fundraising reports to the PAD and the Board to track fundraising progress.
- Work closely with the Grants Writer to coordinate fundraising activity.
- Assist the Producing Artistic Director in maintaining positive board relations
- Assist the Producing Artistic Director and other staff with projects as needed
- Professionally represent Stageworks Theatre at select Community Meetings and Events.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Minimum of three years of customer service, marketing, development, and/or sales experience
- Experience in local Development Community preferred.
- Knowledge of contacts and experience in the Tampa Bay fundraising and marketing community a plus.
- Experience working in performing arts and/or nonprofit, preferred
- Experience with excel worksheets or other report-producing programs to track fundraising progress.
- Experience working with graphics designer for expedient work product development and execution.
- Knowledge of conversational Spanish a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Developing fundraising campaigns from beginning to end.
- Able to write clear, persuasive positioning copy for campaign materials and sponsorship and Annual Fund Donation requests.
- At least 3 – 4 years of managing and working with a Donor Data Base and Data Mining.
- Excellent computer skills, including use of EXCEL for BUDGET and PROSPECT tracking
- Knowledge of social media strategies and able to direct social media technical experts.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Able to speak effectively in large groups as well as in one-to-one situations.
- Always treat each patron courteously and respectfully
- Upbeat, positive, and professional demeanor
- Enjoys meeting and speaking with new individuals/groups
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- A positive outlook and vision
- Must stand by the services and programs we deliver
- Strong professionalism both in appearance and presentation
- Able to work evenings and weekends. Flexible schedule.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (Light to moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous activities of an administrative nature to include):
- Sitting or standing for extended period of time
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Working in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned theatre setting with adequate ventilation
- Using manual dexterity sufficient to handle/reach items and works with fingers
- Using close/distance/peripheral and depth perception
Stageworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 – $42,000.00 per year
- What are your minimum salary requirements?
- customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
- marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- development: 3 years (Preferred)
- sales: 3 years (Preferred)