Join the inaugural Virtual Play Reading Book Club!
- ZOOM in the first Thursday of every month at 7pm – starting 08/06/2020 7pm
- A link will be sent to your e mail the day before each meeting.
- Sign up: www.stageworkstheatre.org
- Discussion led by: Jennifer Scher – email@example.com
The first reading will be: 12 Angry Men by Reginald Rose
- This award-winning classic drama covers controversial topics including implicit bias, systemic racism and their impact on our society – making the piece as current as it was 60 years ago. On a hot summer day in New York City, 1957, a twelve-man jury is sent to begin deliberations in the first-degree murder trial of an 18-year-old African American man accused in the stabbing death of his father. A guilty verdict means an automatic death sentence. Tempers get short, arguments grow heated, and the jurors become twelve angry men.
“12 angry Men” was one of the shows Stageworks had to postpone as part of its 2020-21 season. The theatre,
in partnership with our sponsor, the law firm of Wagner McLaughlin, have agreed to present it in the 2021-22 season.